As the world’s greatest non-athlete, one might find it surprising that I become completely immersed in Olympic mania once every four years. The Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics have proved particularly interesting thanks to 2 things: men’s figure skating (that’s a whole ‘nother story) and gold medalist snowboarder Shaun White. My personal snowboarding career never quite got off the ground (I only went once and sold my board for beer money back in college), but Shaun is the king of half pipe! As a snowboarder (went pro at 13!) and skateboarder (went pro at 17!) he has earned a record set of X Games and Olympic gold medals. As if he wasn’t awesome enough, he also collaborates on clothing lines for Burton and Target. This kid is all over the place, and it’s no wonder he’s been dubbed The Flying Tomato. I think this is the guy to be, but if you can’t be him, just dress like him!
1. VO5 “Curvaceous Curls” Styling Mousse, Vitacost.com
2. Anchor Tab Plaid Shirt, Forever21.com
3. Roxy Skyscraper Studs Jeans, Roxy.com
4. Burton White Collection “Lady Windsor’s Finest Jacket,” ShaunWhite.com
6. Teong Kay Jade Turquoise Ring, ShopRumor.com